Meeting planners are awesome travelers and sometimes, even our awesome surprises me. I used to have this client that could pack for 3 months of Arctic travel in a rollaboard with room left over for a parachute, a chainsaw, and a motorcycle…. but not all of us can be Karen….
No matter how good I am at getting my stuff from point A to point B, there is always something I can do a little better. My strength lies in packing my electronics and you would be amazed and befuddled at what comes out of my backpack…
- Professional video camera
- Digital SLR and lenses (Usually 3 lenses)
- 1 or 2 laptops (Always the PC, sometimes the Mac)
- Kindle (I like my book reader to not be a tablet)
- iPad or Google Nexus (or both)
- Power do-dads for the above items (Ugg)
- A notebook (Yep, notes that will go into Evernote)
- A couple of magazines (Inc, Wired, or Rolling Stone)
- Headphones (Kicking out the jams)
- Microphones for the video camera (A must to have)
Despite being able to pack my electronics like some demented puzzle freak, my weakness is my rollaboard….I can never get my clothes quite right….
Which leads us to this video that has some excellent packing hacks. Packed (pun intended) into a space of under 2 minutes there is something for everyone. The belt in the collar was brilliant for me while others might find it cool with the unusual uses for bull-dog clips…. I know one person will be amazed at what you can do with the TV in some hotel rooms.
Your packing pro here is Dave Hax, “Efficiency Engineer” at Holiday Inn Express…..