Updated – 6/19/2023
My website and other outlets are not the largest in the Event Industry, but I truly value the relationship I’ve built with a global community over the past 13 years.
- This website and associated platforms express my (Keith’s) personal opinions and the opinions of our contributors. A contributor’s opinion is their opinion, and my opinion is my opinion. Opinions are opinions.
- I do not write posts to generate revenue. In other words, no one can pay me to create a post for their product, service, hotel, or destination. I don’t like advertorial content because it sucks and can be confusing.
- This means I do not accept paid listings, posts, or additions to our tools page.
- Most of the equipment and products I use and review are purchased by me, but sometimes I will rent or borrow equipment.
- Most of the destinations that I review or talk about are visited during site inspections or on an actual client program.
- For equipment, products, and destinations, I say “most” because occasionally companies will send a product to me free of charge or a destination will invite me on a fam trip… I will always clearly state this in the article, post, or video that it was provided to me at no cost. The reason I accept these offers is simply due to practicality– I don’t have an unlimited budget and sometimes there are things that I’m curious about or that I’ve been asked for my opinion on, and I would go broke pretty quickly if I were throwing money around like that (after the article, post, or video, these products may be used regularly, given away, returned, or donated).
- Offering free products never guarantees a positive review (or even a review/video at all). I’m extremely selective about accepting anything for free and will only do so after discussing this Ethics Statement with the brand.
Here are a few additional points I’d like to share so we’re all on the same page:
- My content is my own. I create and produce each article, post, or video based on what I’m excited about and what I think will be relevant/helpful to eventprofs at that time.
- My reviews are always as objective as possible and my opinions are always my own.
- I do not submit previews of videos to anyone for approval or revisions. No exceptions.
- I have full control over my content calendar. While I’m happy to work collaboratively when possible for scheduling, no outside party can pay or otherwise influence me in return for scheduling priority.
- Repeating this – Just because a product is provided to me at no cost does not mean I will review it or feature it in a video. I do not make articles, posts, or videos in exchange for free products or services.
- While it usually makes sense to include certain links in articles, video descriptions, or social media posts, I retain full control over what is shared on my accounts across all platforms.
- I never include additional social media promotion in sponsorship agreements because I suck at social media. Have you seen the Plannerwire Facebook page?
- YouTube’s “includes paid promotion” option will be checked any time a video features a product or service that was provided at no cost, even if it’s not an official sponsorship.
- I’m more than happy to let others share my videos, as long as the post links directly to the original video uploaded to my YouTube channel. Videos may not be re-uploaded elsewhere.
- If I find myself considering a work that includes other creators, I try to confirm that there is a representative mix of genders, ethnicity, and orientations. Seriously, it is 2023, the world does not look or sound just like me.
- I do not guarantee any number of views or any amount of audience engagement on any videos or content beyond one single view. As much as I want everything I create to “perform” well, there are too many variables beyond my control for me to make any claims regarding potential viewership. I do watch all my videos before publishing, so this is how I can guarantee one view.
- This site uses affiliate links. Not all links are affiliate links.
- When you click on an affiliate link and purchase the product or service, the seller pays us a small commission. It is like “thanks” for sending you their way.
- How much do we make from this practice? In January of 2022, we made enough to pay for two Martinis at our favorite watering hole, about $26 and change, and in January of 2023, we made a big, fat, whopping $0.00.
- We only use affiliate links for products that we, our clients, or our friends use. We would recommend these products or services without the link.
- The compensation that we receive will never influence the content or opinions on Plannerwire, it ain’t that much money. Really, a martini is not enough to make us change our minds about anything except for maybe having another martini.
- If we no longer recommend a product or are unhappy with a product for any reason, we remove our affiliate link, and the listing, and will update any related posts. We have done this for products in the past and we are sure it will happen again…
Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question. Seriously, YOU have to do YOUR due diligence, I am just a dude on the internet.