There are people you meet that you instantly forget and then there are people you meet that you just know in your heart are going to change the world. Jillian Cardinal is going to make waves in the meetings and events industry and her enthusiasm for all things events and attendees is infectious. You walk away from a conversation with her a better person for just having been in the room. She is full of amazing ideas, knows how to implement them, and is not afraid to tell it like it is.
There were a hundred different ways we could have invited her onto the program, her work as a Sales Manager with JPdL Montréal, as a member of the 2020 PCMA 20 in their Twenties, or for her Smart Women in Meetings “Rising Star Award“. All are topics that could have filled an hour of discussion, but nah…..we had other ideas because Jillian has a (not so) secret identity.
Jillian is the founder of the EventProfs book club which combines her passion for people, ideating, discussion, facilitation, and of course, books. What began as an idea a short time ago has evolved and is now a virtual event and growing community. Jillian has plans to take this concept to your live and virtual events as a form of member and attendee engagement that will get people to sit up and pay attention.
Some of the things we cover in our interview:
- Engagement with virtual events can be tough, how does the book club concept stand apart from virtual networking or matchmaking.
- How can the Book Club concept make the leap to virtual events.
- Thoughts about virtual events that don’t have a virtual host or moderator and why they should.
- Learn more about the EventProfs Book Club.
- Find Book Club on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and via their LinkedIn Group.
Companies in Event Tech News:
- Is it Boring that the Las Vegas Convention Center has a new tunnel?
- Microsoft’s Edge browser is a whole new animal.
- The ACLU has a bone to pick with ClearView AI.
This post originally appeared on the Event Tech Pull Up website.