Everyone knows that I am a total Evernote freak… Love my Evernote. Conference calls on the other hand… They suck. Fortunately, the folks here at Camp PlannerWire use UberConference which makes the process of talking to many people, on the phone, all at once, suck a whole lot less.
For those that have never used UberConference, here is a quick primer on UberConference’s features that I blatantly stole from their website because they probably paid some million dollar marketing dude a ton to write this up so why waste their coin. Who knew a conference call service could do more than just connect people through voice.
Free Conference Calls
- Unlimited free conferencing. Make as many calls as you like.
Call in options
- Users can dial in from a phone or join from their computer
- UberConference makes joining calls ridiculously easy.
Share your screen
- Easy screen sharing that works
Will call your participants
- On the pro plan, the system will call the numbers (instead of people dialing in)
- Crisp and clear
- Easily share from your computer or from Google Drive, Box, Dropbox and Evernote.
Free Call Recording
- Save conferences as MP3s for easy storage and playback.
Integrated Social Profiles
- Single-click access to LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+ profiles.
Phone Calls + Google Hangouts
- Use your phone to call into Google Hangouts.
Local Dial-in Number
- Select your own number from virtually any area code in the US and Canada.
Custom Hold Music
- Select the perfect song to reflect your business’s personality.
- Easy organizer setup, no install required for participants.
- Bonjour! Goddag! Ahoj! Dial in from over 40 countries around the world.
Mobile apps, yep… they got those to. You can get all of the above on your smartphone. Click here to grab it for Android or here to grab it for iOS
They have three plans, free, pro, and business. Free is free, pro is $10 per month, and business is $10 per user per month. Simple. We were on the free version for a long time and upgraded to pro because we felt guilty for using it so much and not paying for it. UberConference is that good… And no, they are not paying me to say this. Although they could. I am not opposed to getting paid to be a company spokesperson… I could be like Brad Pitt shilling for cologne in Japan… But different, know what I mean.
Now that we have the whole “why the heck are you not on UberConference” thing all sorted out, let’s talk about Evernote.
UberConference works with Evernote.
Uber and Ever – A match made in Tech Heaven.
From within the UberConference Call window, you can actually search your Evernote account. How cool is that. Need that info on that BEO, right there. Need last months membership info, a click away. Want to view and share the latest registration figures, click and done. You become a conference call ninja.
To make it better, if you are editing and sharing a note, the call leader can just refresh and everyone is on the same page (literally).
But wait! There’s more!
After the call, UberConference automatically saves a call summary to your Evernote account with a snapshot of call information including shared files and links. It can also include a call recording, photos of the people in the call, and talk time stats so you know if little Jimmy from accounting was blabbering on or kept his mouth shut.
So if you use Evernote, start using UberConference. If you already use UberConference and your life is a mess because you don’t use some type of system like Evernote, give it a try. If you use both, link them together. Any way you slice it, getting your tech to work together is a good thing.