Gmail is a great email service for meeting and event planners and professionals, I use it and so should you…
In fact, for those that don’t know, to use Gmail, you do not necessarily need to use that @gmail.com address that you sign up for. You can use Gmail with your @yourdomain.com address. How to set that up is the topic for another post.
This post is designed to help you spruce up your Gmail (or Hotmail or Yahoo or Thunderbird) email signature because it is probably lacking and not helping to promote you as well as it could but there is an easy solution!
What do I mean by “sprucing it up”? Well, have a look at this signature that I created for outlook:
This signature is wicked cool, it delivers the information that I NEED to tell people like my phone numbers and web address but it also tells people what I WANT to share with them. Information like the PlannerWire Facebook Link, My Twitter link, LinkedIn, Flickr and RSS feeds.
This additional information allows the people that I email fast access to these places so that they may have a chance to follow me if they would like.
Gmail, while awesome, does not offer this ability out of the box but there is a tool that can help!
Enter WiseStamp, an easy online service that will help you create these great, useful signatures:
Features list from the WiseStamp Website:
WiseStamp includes many exciting and improved fetchers for your email such as:
- Customize your Email signature
- Design style, Font, Size, Color, images etc…
- Add Email Apps with updating dynamic content
- Automatically Share your latest blog posts, Tweet , Facebook status or Ebay item and more…
- Easily include your social services& Profiles
- Facebook, Twitter, del.icio.us, IM Services, LinkedIn, and many more..
- Use multiple signatures
- Create business & personal signatures to insert in your emails.
- Easy setup and configuration interface
- Automatically insert your signature to your webmail services
- Use multiple email signatures (Business and Personal)
- Add your personal feeds (rss) Get signature feed ideas new
- Add your logo or image to your signature
- Easily link to all of your Social profiles & Services + Icons (see list below) new
- Works with Gmail, Google App’s, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, AOL and more…
- Option to treat each signature as HTML
WiseStamp works and that is the most important thing. If you are using Gmail as your email client of the week, I would recommend that you skate over there and get the goods! Visit them at wisestamp.com.
- What tools do you use to make your email more useful?