When it comes to crafting websites, quite often there are certain items that are overlooked. These missing things, such as contact pages and social media links, can and will affect the visitor experience.
In this episode, we share our thoughts on what we consider to be important. Joining us for this episode is our first guest, the award-winning website designer and creator, Abbie Thoms of Polyspiral.
- The T-Mobile hack – let that inspire you to protect your event and client data!
- Hopin has a new registration system – they’re buying everything!
- Pop-ups – those awful things that get in the way, with results from an informal Linked survey
The Bullet List – The things your website needs!
- A fixed footer – make sure it’s informative and stays where it is!
- Social media links – make them big and bold and obvious
- Make sure you have the essential pages – at least an about page & contact page
- Does it work with mobile? – a mobile/responsive design is more important than ever
- Text size, color, and contrast – make sure it’s easy to read and doesn’t strain the eye
In this episode we briefly discussed accessibility, here’s the link to the website we mentioned for testing accessibility compliance.
Thanks again to our guest Abbie Thoms from Polyspiral.
This post originally appeared on the Bullet List Podcast website.