I am still on my Mexico kick, I have a soft spot for great destinations that are getting unfair treatment. Over the next couple of days I am going to be featuring a couple of FAM Trips that are taking place in Mexico.
A friend and fellow Site Chicago Board Member asked if I could spread the word and I am more than happy to shout from the roof tops, especially for amazing destinations that really need the support of the Meetings and Events Industry.
Here is the first FAM that I would like to clue you in on, this trip takes place November 12-16, 2011:
“A new way of doing business in Paradise for meeting and incentive travel professionals” is how they are billing this one. Here is what the invitation has to say:
We have been working very hard in the past years to develop the perfect destination for your convention, congress or incentive trip. With the best air connections in Latinamerica and the Caribbean, more than 25,000 rooms, 40,000 m2 of state of the art meeting space, all of this in the middle of pristine beaches, mayan archaeological sites and natural wonders.
Register to this amazing trip, get the best connections in the destination and the tools you may need to plan amazing events in Riviera Maya.
Dario Flota, CEO
Riviera Maya Destination Marketing Office
Format of the trip
Day 1: Educational sessions with the following topics
- Inspirational Incentive Programs in Riviera Maya
- How to plan conventions/ congresses in an all inclusive property
- Golf & Spas at Riviera Maya
- Basic Math- distances and capacities
- Social Responsability Program
- Green Meetings
Day 2: Networking and business appointments with hotels, dmc´s and other vendors from the Riviera Maya
- Meet in one place with representatives of more than 50 hotels including brands like Rosewood, Fairmont. Mayakoba, Mandarin Oriental, Orient Express, Meliá, Barceló, Palace Resorts, Iberostar, AM Resorts, the best DMC´s, and Special Venues among other vendors.
Day 3: Site inspection visits
- To the resorts and activities you are interested in. You will get a personalized agenda according to your needs
To check out this FAM and to see if you qualify, head over to their registration page.
Please know that this is not advertising, this is not paid and I receive no compensation for letting you guys know about these FAMS, I just think that every meeting and incentive planner that can, should seriously consider Mexico for their next program.